I have such a bad snacking problem. Often I will wake up in the middle of the night and whisper to Andy, “You know what sounds so good right now?” he grumbles “what…” and then I say the 3 deadly words “Oreos & milk.”
I’ve decided to start What I Eat Wednesday’s where I will post a healthy snack that I love. The recipes will be as quick & easy as possible because I want these to be things that you can turn to in times of desperation. Example: If I don’t have a piece of cake right now I might just die. Solution: If I don’t have some brussel sprouts right now I just might die. See where I’m getting with this? Let’s begin day one of happy snacking. Today we are having brussel sprouts!
My question is this, why do brussel sprouts scare people? I eat them like candy. Honestly one of the easiest snacks and they are so good for you, too. Here is my quick & easy recipe.
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Cut the ends off of all the brussel sprouts and peel the first couple of leaves off. Wash and rub with olive oil
- Cut up some red (or white) onion. Do as much as you’d like. I love onions so I usually use quite a bit but do it to your preference
- Sprinkle with a little sea salt & then put them in the oven on a cookie sheet with the onions sprinkled on top of the brussel sprouts.
- Cook for 15 minutes and then flip them over so they cook evenly. Keep a close eye on them, everyones oven is different.
- I usually leave them in for another 10 minutes or so and then sprinkle a tiny bit of parmesan cheese on them & put them back in until it’s melted.