I believe in treating all creatures of the earth kindly and making sure our actions, as humans, are made with love and respect. Aka take care of our planet because it takes care of us! It is incredibly beautiful — lets try & keep it that way!
Some of my favorite quotes about our beautiful planet:
- To see a world in a grain of sand, And a heaven in a wild flower, Hold infinity in the palm of your hand, And eternity in an hour. -William Blake
- There is a pleasure in the pathless woods, There is a rapture on the lonely shore, There is society, where none intrudes, By the deep sea, and music in its roar: I love not man the less, but Nature more. -George Gordon, Lord Byron’
- Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet, and the winds long to play with your hair. -Kahlil Gibran
- Only when the last tree has died, the last river been poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money. -Cree Proverb
- The creatures that inhabit this earth–be they human beings or animals–are here to contribute, each in its own particular way, to the beauty and prosperity of the world. ―Dalai Lama XIV
Here are some photos of our home & the creatures we share it with — there is also a cool video at the end. I hope these take your breath away like they do mine. And yes, I really did try & keep the number of photos to a minimum — I did a really good job, as you can see… As always ;)
Happy Earth Day!! Plant a tree, or at least say thank you to one ;)
Very appropriate post for Earth Day! The pictures really capture the essence of all the beautiful and miraculous things that make our planet so unique.
Thank you! I’m glad you think so:)
I hope to visit Camp Leaky in Indonesia where they protect and rehabilitate orang utans. They’re such beautiful and loving creatures.
That would be incredible Evie! I hope you get to do that, too. I don’t know very much about orangutans, but I love gorillas.
That dolphin picture is to die for! And the tornado picture is breath-taking/terrifying.
Ahh isn’t it! I love it, soo sweet. Yah it scares me but it’s just amazing what nature can do at the same time.