When the air is crisp & the leaves begin to change all I want to do is cuddle up in my little abode with a comforting meal. I made perogies with Italian sausage for dinner the other night (I’ll add cabbage on the side next time) & had a sweet tooth that needed some attention afterwards.
Here is the recipe for the perfect hot toddy with a side of pumpkin chocolate chip cookies. This was my first time making cookies & I was so pleased with how easy & delicious they were. We had a Breaking Bad marathon & ate way too many cookies, it was the perfect night.
What are some of your Fall favorites in your home?
- 2 ounces whiskey (the Canadian in me prefers Pendleton )
- 1-2 tablespoons of honey (depends on personal preference)
- 4 oz of boiling water
- Juice from half a lemon
- Cinnamon sticks
- 1 pinch of nutmeg
- 3 whole cloves
- 1 slice fresh lemon + for garnish (optional)
1. Pour the whiskey, water, and honey into your favorite mug.
2. Add the cinnamon stick, cloves & lemon juice. Garnish with your slice of lemon & add a pinch of nutmeg when it’s ready to serve.
The Easiest Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies… Ever
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 box of spice cake mix
- 1 bag of chocolate chips (I use 1 1/2 bags.. we love chocolate at my house)
1. Preheat oven to 350
2. Put spoonfuls of the dough on a cookie sheet
3. Bake for 12-15 minutes