My Aunt Kerry is not only the sweetest woman in the world but she is also an amazing cook. When I think of her I think of summer days, white sand, delicious meals & the queen of family time. I am so lucky to have her as my auntie. She recently gave me my first cook book & tonights dinner was the first of many that will come from it. Thank you so much Aunt Kerry, the second I saw all of the delicious recipes I was making meal plans like it’s my job.
The most difficult (& by difficult I mean time consuming) thing in this recipe is chopping & cooking your onions. Give yourself plenty of time, and I recommend buying yourself a Kitchen Aid chopper to make it easier on your eyes. I also bought oven-safe bowls from Smiths Marketplace that are PERFECT.
On the menu tonight: French Onion Soup
You will need:
- 6 large white, sweet onions thinly slices
- 3 Tbsp of butter
- 6 Beef bouillon cubes dissolved in 6 cups of water
- 1 1/2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 6 slices of French bread or toast
- 1/4 cup of grated swiss cheese
- Brown the onions in butter in a large deep skillet until tender.
- Add bouillon (mixed with the water) and seasonings. Heat thoroughly.
- Place a slice of toasted bread in each soup bowl either before or after pouring soup in the bowl. Sprinkle with (plenty) of cheese & broil for a few minutes. Enjoy!
I’m not a proud cook or anything…. :)